Monday, September 12, 2005

Be gentle...

yay! I got a new scanner...Unfortunately my drawin' skillz have gone the way of my bowstaff and computer hacking skillz. I've been doing 3D for so long that it takes me a while to get anything decent. I'm going to post these warmup drawrings despite their sucky attitude and lack of polish. Just remember, it's been a while for me. All I've really done over the past year is doodle. I'm going to try to do at least one "finished" sketch a day. I'll prolly miss a couple, but I'm wanting to get back into the swing of being able to feel comfortable with a pencil again.

Anyway...Don't laugh too hard...I'm a sensitive artist, remember.



warm up number one.

horrible warm up number two...

an attempt at a pin-up....still wasn't warmed up enough...maybe by the end of the week I'll have gotten back into the rhythm of things.

I've noticed that I feel way more comfortable in color-erase than I do in 2b. I think that, because of my 2D education, where we used colorerase for pencil tests, that I feel way more comfortable experimenting with my line placement. Anyway...just an observation...

I'm going to continue drawring, or maybe I'll play a game for a little while...then get back to drawing. I'm a little frustrated at the moment. I'm just so stiff and so outta practice. Just gotta get over the hump. Sigh. Anyway...Ciao.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice stuff, Gene. I know what you mean by stiff... stiff of eye, hand, etc. But worry not, the relaxation will come in time. Try firing off a ton of small sketeches for a solid half hour, one after the other, without trying at all to finish them. Then go back and grab oneor two of the better ones and polish 'em up. You'll find, I'd bet, that the stiffness will be like last thursday's hangover!

jc

heh... the word verification image that blogger has down below spells somethng phonetically vile!

Anonymous said...

Youre the happiest animator now that scan-o-ramma is in session. Shit looks good. Missing you here at the office. Remis has begin a deep inward meditation to try to figure out why you have not called us for lunch. He says he believes "it has something to do w/ the spirit of the forest god shadowing the giant redwoods in the south, thus forcing the earth to be unbalanced, bitter, even sad...at times...avoid the red room...death waits in the red room!!!" And then I had to slap him and bring him out of it. I dont know what he meant by all that, to me it just looks like youve been doing a lot of drawing. Hugs and Kisses.