Sunday, March 25, 2007

Well, I've finished my bottles...

So here's some photos of my bottles for the forty show....once I finished them, I realized three things....one, that painting on bottles is haaaaard...two, that I'm not a good painter (tho it is fun), and three, these looked soooooooooo much better in my head...so forgive me. Color really isn't my forte...I'm most comfortable with pencil and/or ink...maybe one or two colors tops...anyway...i have no idea how much to price these things...I'll let Mike price them...hehe...


I was playing around with sponges on the monkey bottle...it didn't turn out that well...kinda hard to have any kind of stencil with a bottle...and plus, I've just never done it before...




and here's one of Esther...and her banana slug hair clip that
Karin made...damn...i feckin' love this thing...so does Esther...so, bug her 'bout making tons more so you can buy them too!! She has a whole bunch of different animals and stuff...chicken leg, dead fish, octpopus...and all of them are the rad.



8 comments:

KYMadan said...

Gene!
These bottles look FANTASTIC! I wish I could make it out to the show... bah!

(thx for the pic of Esther and her slug!) :-)

Mukpuddy said...

Dude, these look awesome!!

Unknown said...

those are some slick bottles!!

Dan said...

oh good gawd, i gotta do my bottles too. Great job on yours gene, love the monkey one. should be done mine this weekend...hopefully. Werd!

geenpool said...

hey guys..thanks for the complements...you kids make me blush. I'm sorta pleased with how they turned out, but all i see are the mistakes and how more awesome they would've been had they just come straight outta me noogin. anyway...thanks again.

Seo Kim said...

hehe, the bottles are awesome. And Esther is such a freaking pretty baby!! Slug looks great on her :)

Mega said...

hey dude, sorry i havent been stopping by lately, the show is totally taking over all my time haha, but the bottles look great! good job sir, i love it!

still no sign of them yet, ill let you know when , ok?

Mega said...

yo Fella, got your bottles today! lookin sharp! hey, im sure you dont mind but i tossed the pics of them up on the 40 blog ( www.the40show.blogspot.com) , im doing that for everyone. stop on by!