Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Back from APE and sketch diary: Day Three


day three of our Ireland extravaganza. We decided to take a bus tour of Dublin, which took a little over an hour. It was pretty cool to see everything with commentary by a pretty funny sassy lady. The reason for the tour was twofold (don't I sound all smart and shee?) 1. to get a general overview of the city layout 2. see if there was anything that we wanted to see that we haven't thought of 3. to act like tourists. So okay, that was threefold...I'm not that smart..sheesh. Anyway...it was purdy awesome, 'cept for the rain. That was pretty wet. We shopped for a bit, and then decided to take a nice lil' nap. Then it was drinkin' time. We decided to purchase alcohol via an off license place and drink in our room. Later that evening, I decided to go on down to the pub attached to the hotel and do some sketchin'. With some Jameson. We then went to sleep. And dreamed of Irish dreams of Ireland.

Now for my APE update. It was fun. The people there were awesome. Everyone was all jazzed about art and shee. I got to meet the "Carl is the awesome" guy and a few of the Double Fine lads and lady. The were kick arse!! so I bought a t-shirt. I wanted to purchase a round painting done by Scott C., but I chickened out. They were of skeletons doin' it in many different positions. Very funny.

I also bought a Gama Go t-shirt. kick arse. Then I met Jim Smith. Holy cow dung on a manure pile!! He kicked ass!! He was like George liquor, only a little mellower. So I bought a sketchbook.

I also had drinks with Tim Schafer ...very cool guy. He also has a kick arse muscle car convertible type vehicular object of much affection.

Anyway...I also ran into my friend Jason Felix and his wife Olivia. Very cool. Hung out with them for a while, as well as my friend Joe Clark and Kris Strong...anyway..I should go. I'll tell you kids all about the fabulous hotel I stayed at where the toilet didn't work and I felt like I was in an IKEA display later...wait, I guess I just did...nevermind.

Peas.

4 comments:

John S. said...

Great drawings!!! Funny stories!!!
You're sketchbook stuff is so inspiring!!!

Unknown said...

I signed up for a blog, talk to you later about it.

TOONSTEAK said...

Ey Dude,
really like your blog! Great drawings here!!!

geenpool said...

thanks kids...

robot- i feel the same way 'bout your stuff...

hud- now we just have ta make me one of the authors and such...giggle.


tony- you've got some nice stuff youself....